This Un-Assembled Superior Sliding Screen Door is made of high quality extruded aluminum. It is available in several colors including white, bronze, silver, almond, tan and other custom colors. It comes with 4 adjustable steel rollers, handle with latch, and your choice of insect screen. The door is cut to the size you need at our screen store. It assembles in a few minutes. This door is available in a coastal package which includes all stainless steel rollers and hardware. This is ideal for coastal areas and areas where rust may be an issue. Our door locks are designed to fit doors installed on the OUTSIDE of your house. Allow 1/8" manufacturing tolerance.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 52 | Next
Great Replacement Screen Door
Posted by DRW on Jun 5th 2020
Had been looking to replace my poorly performing patio sliding screen door for a couple of years. I required a custom size that couldn't be provided locally by any of the big box stores. Glad my web searches led me to Metro Screenworks. Their web site is very informative and offers several options at differing price points to choose from. I needed some asisstance to ascertain the correct measures for my new door due to some unique issues with my patio doordesign. I contacted Screenworks both by email and online chat and they were very responsive . I then ordered my unassembled door of choice. It arrived as expected in well protected packaging along with concise instructions. Assembly was a breeze; less than an hour. Fit and finish of the frame is excellent and they provided ample screen, spline and bug stop material. I am extremely pleased. Don't be fooled by apples to oranges price comparisons with cheaper screen doors you might see at local home improvement centers. This door, as its name implies, is superior in quality in every way. I highly recommend.
Works as advertised
Posted by Unknown on May 17th 2020
Easy to assemble.
Works as advertised
Posted by Mark Gotchall on May 17th 2020
Wish I had found Metro Screenworks before I spent money - twice - on box store replacements. Slider works now, and is not floppy. Cut to size works great
Posted by Unknown on Oct 2nd 2019
This door is a great upgrade to the door furnish with my window. The frame os thicker/sturdier and the metal whees should last forever. Assembly was straight forward. I ordered the upgrade screen material which is harder to fit than the thinner widen. That said. the thicker screen does not hamper view but definitely seems stronger.
Posted by Lee Woxen on Sep 8th 2019
Shipment came well packed with simple instructions for assembly. Simple process to put together, and door is a major upgrade over the original door it replaced. Pet screen was not the easiest to install, but should help reduce the number of times I need to rescreen. Great company and quick service. Would buy from them again.
Posted by Jack B. on Sep 5th 2019
I wasted both time and money trying to replace my sliding screen door with a generic product from one of the big box stores. What a mistake! It never fit or function properly. I paid a little more from Metro Screenworks but the door fits and functions perfectly. It was simple to put together as well - it took about an hour. I strongly recommend!
EXTRUDED Sliding Screen Door
Posted by Unknown on Aug 31st 2019
nice quality door.
Posted by Unknown on Aug 3rd 2019
I ordered this sliding screen door to replace the piece of junk which came with the sliding door installed in my new house. This door was easy to assemble and is a big improvement. It is square, more rigid, and slides smoothly and more quietly. I encountered one problem. One of the rollers was installed incorrectly such that the spring would not function. It was easily removed and reinstalled to function correctly. This is the reason for 4 vs 5 stars.
Posted by Edward Simonian on Jun 27th 2019
I was nervous about how this door was going to fit despite being exceptionally careful about my measurements. I worried for nothing. The components arrived in about 10 days and were very carefully packaged; corners were reinforced and foam bumpers were placed liberally around the frame parts so that the finish would not be scratched. The top, bottom and side rails were cut and mitered precisely and measured exactly to my specifications. So far so good. Assembling the frame is easy with wheels preinstalled in the top and bottom frames and corner braces also in place. Total time to assemble, less than 5 minutes. The tricky and time consuming part is installing the screen. A couple of suggestions:
1) You may want to cut a piece of lattice to the exact inside width of the frame and place it between the side rails at approximately the halfway point. This will be especially helpful with taller doors. Mine is 8 feet. This will minimize the potential of the spline pulling the screening on both sides toward the center, resulting in a slightly hour-glass finished frame.
2) If only one of the long sides of the screen material is an uncut, factory finished edge, place this edge so that it overlaps the side rail by a comfortable amount - maybe 1" - and so that it is perfectly parallel to the side rail. Start the spline in a corner and press it into the screen and into the frame channel.
2) Do not push it all the way in on your first pass. Just enough to hold it in place. If you were to do otherwise, there is a risk of slipping off the spline and cutting the screen material.
3) Hold the spline tool at a slight angle so that the wheel is facing away from the finished screen surface. If the wheel should slip off the spline, it will go into the frame and not the screen. Keep light tension on the screen material so as to eliminate any wrinkles or a non-taut screen.
4) Make a second and final pass with the spline tool; this time pressing it firmly into the groove.
5 Repeat for remaining sides. Check regularly to verify that there are no wrinkles
It's nowhere near as difficult as this may make it seem. Just take your time and you'll end up with a perfect finished product.
Posted by Mike Hubbard on Jun 26th 2019
Arrived on time, and was well packed, with good instructions included.
Went together in just a few minutes, and the screen was easy to install with the provided tool. With a few adjustments to the rollers, the door worked flawlessly. Exactly what I wanted and needed. The patio slider has been missing a screen door for years...wish I had known about this product a long time ago!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 52 | Next
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
- NanoScreen™ Filtration Technology
- Allergy Filter Screens
- Complete Window Screens
- Security Screens
- MAIL ME A SAMPLE
- Genius® Retractable Screens For All Openings
- Rolls of Screen - All Types
- Allergy Guard Screen Rolls For Air Filtration
- Super Screen
- Stainless Steel Security Screen
- Black Stainless Steel Security Screen
- Pet Resistant Insect Screen
- Fiberglass Screening
- Aluminum Screening
- Pool and Patio Screening
- UltraVue Invisible Insect Screen
- BetterVue Invisible Screen
- Pure Copper Screen
- Brite Bronze / Copper Insect Screen
- Florida Glass Screen
- Rolls of Solar Screen
- No-See-Um Screening - Tiny Mesh
- No-See-Um Screen (20 x 20) Rolls
- SeeVue Stainless Insect Screen
- All Colors of Pet Screen
- Doorway Alert Screen
- Pollen & Dust Filter Screen Mesh
- WideView Insect Screen 132" x 100'
- Bargain Rolls / Specials
- Tempered Glass Storm Door Panels
- Solar Screens
- More Complete Window Screens
- Sliding Screen Door Track
- Sliding Screen Doors
- Pet Screen & Accessories
- Porch Screen Panels
- Porch Screening Systems
- Patio & Pool Enclosure Screening
- Adjustable Screens
- Roll Up Solar Shades
- Screen Frame & Components
- Window Screen Frame (Full Boxes)
- Window Screen Frame. Best Value!
- Window Screen Kits
- Screening Tools & Equipment
- Special Shapes of Screens - Insect & Solar
- ROLLS OF SCREEN FOR FLORIDA SCREEN ENCLOSURES
- Quanex Screen Door Replacement Parts
- Monthly Specials
- Hinged Screen Doors
- Business Screen Kits
- Storm Windows
- Greenhouse Windows
- Air Filtration
- Wholesale Products
- Gift Certificates