The Classic Sliding Patio Screen Door Kit is cut to the size you specify and all door hardware is installed, including the handle and rollers. The screen mesh, spline, and a roller tool is also included. Simply assemble the screen door and then roll in the screen mesh. This custom sliding screen door is made of extruded aluminum which is sturdier than most standard, jam-prone, roll-form doors. It also comes with adjustable steel rollers for smooth sliding, and a pull handle with lock for secure closure.
Our door locks are designed to fit doors installed on the OUTSIDE of your house. Allow 1/8" manufacturing tolerance. Optional coastal package makes this door ideal for coastal areas where corrosion and rust may occur.
Check out our financing options.
- All parts included
- Made-to-order — Custom sizes available
- Extruded aluminum frame for sturdiness
- 4 steel adjustable rollers for smooth opening/closing
- Pull handle that latches for secure closure
- 1/2" thick sliding screen door
- Frame color choices: white, bronze, silver, almond, beige, black, and silver (mill)
- 90 day warranty
- Choice of specialty mesh: super screen, pet screen, BetterVue screen, solar screen, and more
Why Everyone Needs a Made-To-Order Screen Door
No door opening is the same size. Even “standard-size” door openings will have some variance due to installation and other factors. Choosing a made-to-size screen door will ensure it fits securely to keep insects out and smoothly slides open and closed – without jamming. You also can choose from a specialty mesh to get more value for your money and can choose from 6 standard colors (more custom colors) to match your home’s trim or door frame color.
Specialty Screen Mesh – Get More For Your Money
Standard fiberglass insect mesh offers basic insect protection. Specialty mesh provides more benefits to increase comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and more. Here are some of our most popular mesh types and what they can offer you:
- BetterVue- Better outward visibility to enjoy your view
- Super screen - more durability (3x stronger)
- Pet screen - durability against pet-wear (7x stronger)
- No-See-Um/Tiny Mesh (20 x20 ) - smaller holes to keep out no-see-ums and tiny insects
- Solar Screen - reduce heat, glare, and increase energy efficiency (90% also provides tiny mesh benefits.
- Aluminum - increased durability
Our DIY Screen Door Kit is Easy to Assemble
Tools You'll Need:
- Roller tool (comes with your order)
- Utility knife
Have questions about our custom sliding screen doors? Learn more below and contact us! We would love to help you with your order and the installation of your replacement sliding screen door. Visit the Metro Screenworks showroom in Highlands Ranch, Colorado to see our products in person and for free measuring service, or request a sample to be mailed to you at your convenience. We ship nationally!
How Do You Make a Screen Door?
With a DIY screen door kit. A kit is an easy way to get a high-quality door at an affordable price. All parts for assembly are included and it can be put together within minutes. Instructions are included. However, if you have any questions, you can always call us and our team can help!
How Do I Know What Size Screen Door to Buy?
Measure your old door or the door opening. If your old screen door is the correct size and isn’t damaged, you can measure it to get the correct size measurements for the replacement sliding screen door. If the original door is unavailable, measure the opening of your doorway using one of the two methods below:
- Option A: Measure from top of bottom track up ¼ inch into the top U channel.
- Option B: Measure from tip of track to tip of track and add ⅛ of an inch to overall height
- Custom Screen Doors Options
- Pet Protection For Your Screen Doors
- Replace Your Screen Door
- The Indestructible Screen Door
- Screen Doors: What You Need to Know
- Choosing the Right Screen Door For Your Home
- How to Pick the Best Window Screens & Screen Doors
71 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I added a sliding screen door to both upstairs and downstairs patios using the DIY kits. The kits were shipped and packaged very well, and went together fairly easily. There was some trial and error with getting the screen frame square and required some hammering and adjustments. I was able to get the screen very taught on first try. The reason I gave this 4/5 stars is because the corners where the frame butts together were slightly out of alignment, and the instructions could have been better to explain how to get everything aligned and square. We are happy with the screens though and would recommend.
easy to put together and install, works well
This door couldn't have been easier to assemble. Great product . Fast shipping. Thanks!
really nice screen door that was easy to assemble.
Excellent quality, easy to assemble.
Love it! Easy to assemble!! Just in time for fall temps!!!
Assembly just took a few minutes. The instructions were clear and there are very few steps. The most time consuming part was installing the mesh. The screen needed a couple of adjustments which were easilly made using the instructions. Overall a great experience.
Screen door is amazing in every way!! The quality is superb. I am very happy with my purchase!! Thank you!!
Product came complete with all parts and instructions and was relatively easy to assemble. I did experience a problem with a part and called the company right away. They sent out he part and in about 2 days I easily replaced it and now have a sliding screen door that opens and closes easily.