The Classic Sliding Patio Screen Door Kit is cut to the size you specify and all door hardware is installed, including the handle and rollers. The screen mesh, spline, and a roller tool is also included. Simply assemble the screen door and then roll in the screen mesh. This custom sliding screen door is made of extruded aluminum which is sturdier than most standard, jam-prone, roll-form doors. It also comes with adjustable steel rollers for smooth sliding, and a pull handle with lock for secure closure.
Our door locks are designed to fit doors installed on the OUTSIDE of your house. Allow 1/8" manufacturing tolerance. Optional coastal package makes this door ideal for coastal areas where corrosion and rust may occur.
Check out our financing options.
- All parts included
- Made-to-order — Custom sizes available
- Extruded aluminum frame for sturdiness
- 4 steel adjustable rollers for smooth opening/closing
- Pull handle that latches for secure closure
- 1/2" thick sliding screen door
- Frame color choices: white, bronze, silver, almond, beige, black, and silver (mill)
- 90 day warranty
- Choice of specialty mesh: super screen, pet screen, BetterVue screen, solar screen, and more
Why Everyone Needs a Made-To-Order Screen Door
No door opening is the same size. Even “standard-size” door openings will have some variance due to installation and other factors. Choosing a made-to-size screen door will ensure it fits securely to keep insects out and smoothly slides open and closed – without jamming. You also can choose from a specialty mesh to get more value for your money and can choose from 6 standard colors (more custom colors) to match your home’s trim or door frame color.
Specialty Screen Mesh – Get More For Your Money
Standard fiberglass insect mesh offers basic insect protection. Specialty mesh provides more benefits to increase comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and more. Here are some of our most popular mesh types and what they can offer you:
- BetterVue- Better outward visibility to enjoy your view
- Super screen - more durability (3x stronger)
- Pet screen - durability against pet-wear (7x stronger)
- No-See-Um/Tiny Mesh (20 x20 ) - smaller holes to keep out no-see-ums and tiny insects
- Solar Screen - reduce heat, glare, and increase energy efficiency (90% also provides tiny mesh benefits.
- Aluminum - increased durability
Our DIY Screen Door Kit is Easy to Assemble
Tools You'll Need:
- Roller tool (comes with your order)
- Utility knife
Have questions about our custom sliding screen doors? Learn more below and contact us! We would love to help you with your order and the installation of your replacement sliding screen door. Visit the Metro Screenworks showroom in Highlands Ranch, Colorado to see our products in person and for free measuring service, or request a sample to be mailed to you at your convenience. We ship nationally!
How Do You Make a Screen Door?
With a DIY screen door kit. A kit is an easy way to get a high-quality door at an affordable price. All parts for assembly are included and it can be put together within minutes. Instructions are included. However, if you have any questions, you can always call us and our team can help!
How Do I Know What Size Screen Door to Buy?
Measure your old door or the door opening. If your old screen door is the correct size and isn’t damaged, you can measure it to get the correct size measurements for the replacement sliding screen door. If the original door is unavailable, measure the opening of your doorway using one of the two methods below:
- Option A: Measure from tip of track to tip of track and add ⅛ of an inch to overall height.
- Option B: Measure from top of bottom track up ¼ inch into the top U channel.
- Custom Screen Doors Options
- Pet Protection For Your Screen Doors
- Replace Your Screen Door
- The Indestructible Screen Door
- Screen Doors: What You Need to Know
- Choosing the Right Screen Door For Your Home
- How to Pick the Best Window Screens & Screen Doors
64 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Screen door is amazing in every way!! The quality is superb. I am very happy with my purchase!! Thank you!!
Product came complete with all parts and instructions and was relatively easy to assemble. I did experience a problem with a part and called the company right away. They sent out he part and in about 2 days I easily replaced it and now have a sliding screen door that opens and closes easily.
Easy to assemble. Parts fit right. Works and looks great. A great solution.
it was the perfect solution. I have Pella sliding doors that are 60 years old but the screens have been long gone. this was an affordable solution for me
Easy to build
Great heavy frame unit and easy assembly.Good product.
easy to assemble ,good material, fit door opening unlike adjustable ones from big bos stores
I have re-screened window screens before, so I do you have that experience. However, I follow the directions from metro screens, and you should have no problem! If you have questions, calling customer service is also a breeze. Very polite, and knowledgeable assistance. We will only use metro screens in the future.
easy to assemble. i like the pet screen. fit like it was supposed to ,and works fine