Our pre-framed solar window screens are made to your window screen specifications allowing you to get a replacement screen that fits exactly to-size - and shipped directly to you read-to-install. This makes our solar window screens the perfect choice for new and replacement window screen projects in your home, especially if you’re trying to keep the sun out.
Tired of the extra heat and glare that comes through your window or patio enclosure in the afternoon? Our fixed solar window screens sport a unique woven mesh that provides shade from the sun’s heat and light. Adding window sun screens to your home can block 65-95% percent of harmful UV rays and heat from the sun, depending on the strength of the mesh you choose. Our sun-blocking window screens provide daytime privacy and allow good outward visibility. When you install solar screens for windows in your home or business, they will allow your AC to efficiently cool your home and may reduce your AC bill.
Ordering in bulk? Shop here.
How To Customize Your Window Solar Screens From Metro
There is no standard window screen size. No matter the age or brand of your windows, each window screen will vary in size - even if it's by a fraction of an inch. Buying custom sunscreens for your windows will ensure an exact fit for best insect protection, the best aesthetics with custom colors to match your window frame or trim, and offer you the most value with specialty screen mesh.
- Simply select your frame size, frame color, and hardware from the menu above to customize your UltraVue replacement screen.
- Window screen replacements are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Our window screen replacements are shipped to you fully assembled, ready to install.
- Need help measuring? Check out or measuring FAQ page or call us!
Benefits of Solar Screens For Windows
- Save on Energy Costs: Adding our sun-blocking screens to your windows will reduce glare and help to increase the efficiency of your home's cooling system.
- Extra Durable Polyester Screen Mesh: Solar exterior shading fabric is made of strong vinyl-coated polyester. It doesn't fade and needs only an occasional cleaning with mild soap and water. Our solar screens are pet-resistant screen when buying 80%-95% sun protection
- Keep the Bugs Out: Solar window screens do more than keep out the sun, they also provide insect protection from tiny bugs like no-see-ums.
- Custom Solar Screen Frame Colors: Screen frame colors are available in almond, beige, bronze, silver, or white.
- Custom Solar Screen Frame Sizes: Window screen replacements are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Fast Delivery to Your Doorstep: Complete Solar Screens ship within 5 to 7 business days
- GreenGuard Gold Certified: With our screens’ GreenGuard Gold Certification, you can relax and breathe easy in a healthier living space.
Types of Solar Screens For Windows
At Metro, we carry several different types of solar screens that block the sun’s UV rays by varying degrees while keeping insects out. Read more about the benefits of each below:
- 65% Solar Insect Screen - Blocks 65% of the sun's harmful UV rays and is a 20x30 mesh count. Screen openness is approximately 32%. Solar insect screen is designed to block 65% of the suns rays and heat while still allowing good visibility and airflow. The 20/30 mesh is designed to keep out tiny little insects like no-see-ums. Additionally, the solar insect screen does provide a measure of privacy from the outside - looks like a screen, but works like a sun shade.
- 80% Suntex Solar Screen – Heavy-duty, pet-resistant with 80% sun and UV blockage. Openness is approximately 25%. Our 80% Solar Screen blocks out 80% of the sun's rays and will protect your carpeting, drapery and furniture from the harmful effects of the sun. This type of Solar Screen is PVC coated polyester designed for strength and versatility. It will also lower your air conditioning bill and make things more comfortable in the house.
- 90% Suntex Solar Screen – Heavy-duty, pet-resistant with 90% UV blockage. Openness is approximately 10%. Our 90% Solar Screen is PVC coated polyester is designed for strength and versatility. This blocks up to 90% of the sun's rays and will protect your carpeting, drapery and furniture from the harmful effects of the sun. It will also lower your air conditioning bills and make things more comfortable in the house.
- Super Solar Screen - Blocks 90% of the sun's rays. It is a 40x40 mesh, vinyl-coated fiberglass that also provides protection from insects and is pet-resistant. Only available through phone orders.
- 95% Solar Screen - Heavy-duty, pet-resistant screen with 95% blockage of UV rays. Openness is 5%. Only available through phone orders.
Heavier Frames For Higher Quality Shade Screens
Our solar screens - also called shade screens for windows, privacy window screens, or sun blocking screens - are made with a 5/16" x 1" screen frame. This heavier frame provides you with a higher quality solar screen for greater longevity and durability. All of our solar screens are made-to-size with your choice of solar mesh, frame color, and hardware. Our pre-made solar screens for windows are shipped direct to you, fully assembled and ready-to-install. Solar screens are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide.
Types Of Hardware For Your Solar Window Screens
When ordering a replacement window screen, there's more to think about than just mesh type and frame dimensions. Depending on your window type, you'll need specific hardware for a perfect fit. Read more about the types of screen hardware below and reference the image above to see what's right for you:
- Corner Spring - Holds the screen frame in place when installing it in window frame. Provides tension fit.
- Pull Tab - Provides a place for the installer to hold when pulling the screen frame into its place in the window frame.
- Acorn Pointer - Rivets onto a window screen frame and helps to hold the window screen frame in place.
- Plunger Bolt - Holds screen in window frame by popping into a hole drilled into window frame, existing channel, or groove. (4" From Frame Corner Unless Customer Specifies Otherwise")
- Friction Hanger - Installs in wooden window frames to hold aluminum insect screen in place. Use with loop latch.
- Loop Latch - Holds the bottom of the screen frame snug against the window frame. Use with friction hanger.
- Casement Clip - Holds the screen frame in wooden and metal window frames. Will not rust or corrode.
- Knife Latch - Holds the window screen in window frame by inserting into a slit in the screen frame.
FAQs – Solar Screens For Windows
Wondering if solar screens for windows really do perform or have other questions? Read frequently asked questions below or call our live screen experts to learn more. You can also stop by our showroom in Highlands Ranch to see our solar screens in person.
Q. What Are Solar Screens?
A. Window screens with sun protection. Many window screens offer insect protection. However, our solar screens offer sun-blocking benefits as well. These benefits can help keep your home cooler promoting energy efficiency as well as protect your interiors from sun damage. They also act as privacy screens for your windows, so the outside can't see into your home.
Q. Do Solar Screens Keep Houses Cool?
A. Yes. Depending on the strength (65%-95%), solar screens for windows can help to keep your home cooler and protect your home from sun damage which can lead to cracking, discoloration, and other damage to furniture, woodwork, artwork, and more. All of our solar screens offer insect protection, and some are pet-resistant.
Q. Are solar screens the same thing as privacy window screens?
A. Yes. Privacy window screens are synonymous with solar screens. In fact, solar screens are also known as window sun screens, sun shades, blackout screens, shade screens, sun block screens, as well as privacy window screens. No matter what you call them, they all offer a multitude of benefits including UV protection, insect protection, and privacy for your home.
Learn More - Helpful Screen Resources
- Super Screen: Say Goodbye to Screen Replacement
- Screens To Enhance At-Home Learning
- UV Protection: Why You Need It From Your Window Screens
- What Window Screen Material Is The Best?
65% Solar Insect Screen | Blocks 65% of The Sun's Heat, Glare, & UV | Tiny Insect Screen Mesh
It's hot out here! And with the summer heat comes harsher glar...
80% Solar Screen | Blocks 80% Of The Sun's Heat, Glare, & UV | Keeps Your Living Space Cool
Our 80% Solar Screen blocks out 80% of the sun's rays and will...
Complete Custom Window Screens | Built To Your Measurements For a Perfect Fit | Metro Screenworks
Looking for a replacement window screen? Metro Screenworks off...
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I ordered a large screen and the communication was great! they built it to size and quick delivery
Really a quality product. Just as described and was received quickly.
Very Good Quality, Prompted service and fit just like they was suppose to, just as the measurements and details I provided. Thanks. Will recommend any chance I Get.
Great quality solar screen at reasonable price. Fairly quick turn around on a custom size order.
Very well made. Great customer service. Looking forward to getting them on the windows.
We ordered 4 solar screens for the west side of our house. It gets very warm in the afternoon and heats the entire house. We ordered the 90% solar screens. While they make the house a bit darker it is well work it. The screens are well made and look great on the house. They also filter a huge amount of sun and generally lower the temp of the inside of our house. We love these screens.
The whole process was easy and great! I love the screens so far, they look very nice. My only concern is the large screen I ordered sag’s a little? I am not sure if it will tighten or sag more over time?
Great product well made. Love the added privacy of the solar screens. Perfect fit.
Very good only that the screen material appeared a little loose