Adding solar screens to your home can block 65-95% percent of harmful UV rays and heat from the sun, depending on the strength of the mesh you choose. Our sun-blocking window screens provide daytime privacy and allow good outward visibility. When you install solar screens for windows in your home or business, they will allow your AC to efficiently cool your home, and may reduce your AC bill.
- Keep your home cool with sun-blocking screens
- Pet-resistant screen (when buying 80%-95% sun protection)
- Provides insect protection
- Screen frame color available in almond, beige, bronze, silver, or white
- Custom screen sizes available
- Ships within 5 to 7 business days
Heavier Frames For Higher Quality
Our solar screens, also called shade screens for windows, are made with a 5/16" x 1" screen frame. This heavier frame provides you with a higher quality product for greater longevity and durability. All of our solar screens are made-to-size with your choice of solar mesh, frame color, and hardware. Our pre-made solar screens for windows are shipped direct to you, fully assembled and ready-to-install. Solar screens are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide.
Ordering in bulk? Shop here.
Choice of Solar Screen:
- 65% Solar Insect Screen - Blocks 65% of the sun's harmful UV rays and is a 20x30 mesh count. Screen openness is approximately 32%.
- 80% Solar Screen - Heavy-duty, pet-resistant with 80% sun and UV blockage. Openness is approximately 25%.
- 90% Solar Screen - Heavy-duty, pet-resistant with 90% UV blockage. Openness is approximately 10%.
- Super Solar Screen - Blocks 90% of the sun's rays. It is a 40x40 mesh, vinyl-coated fiberglass that also provides protection from insects and is pet-resistant.
- 95% Solar Screen - Heavy-duty, pet-resistant screen with 95% blockage of UV rays. Openness is 5%.
Wondering if solar screens for windows really do perform or have other questions? Read frequently asked questions below or call our live screen experts to learn more. You can also stop by our showroom in Highlands Ranch to see our solar screens in person.
What Are Solar Screens?
Window screens with sun protection. Many window screens offer insect protection. However, our solar screens offer sun-blocking benefits as well. These benefits can help keep your home cooler promoting energy efficiency as well as protect your interiors from sun damage.
Do Solar Screens Keep Houses Cool?
Yes. Depending on the strength (65%-95%), solar screens for windows can help to keep your home cooler and protect your home from sun damage which can lead to cracking, discoloration, and other damage to furniture, woodwork, artwork, and more. All of our solar screens offer insect protection, and some are pet-resistant.
- Super Screen: Say Goodbye to Screen Replacement
- Screens To Enhance At-Home Learning
- UV Protection: Why You Need It From Your Window Screens
- What Window Screen Material Is The Best?
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very happy with the quality, speed of processing and delivery.
The solar screens help to keep the extreme heat out (our house is south facing on the side of a hill) I like the privacy we get too. Good workmanship and excellent customer service. Thank you. I have already recommended you to other homes in the mountain area.
Excellent product, excellent production, came through shipping with no problems. Fit was exact!
Order sunscreens. Great product. Reduced Heat load about 10 degrees. Will pay for them with reducer Electric Coollng.
The workmanship on this product was excellent. It was packaged nicely, and we love our screens.
Great product! Packaged great as well. Made my house look like I remodeled from the street view!
Well built, they look great on the west wall of the porch and greatly reduce the summer heat
the only drawback is how to attach. The method I initially chose didnt work so I improvised with industrial strength velcro at corners, sides and bottom. Still in tact with OK winds.
Great Product. Very Well Made. Fit Perfectly. Packaging was Impressive.