The Hercules is one of the best sliding patio screen doors on the market. This patio sliding screen door out classes the competition with its unusual strength and built-to-last design. It is made of heavy-duty extruded aluminum frame, 4 adjustable steel rollers, and a flush mount auto-latch handle — compare to flimsy, jam-prone, roll-form doors of competing brands that come standard with most sliding doors. All hardware and rollers have a limited lifetime warranty.
Our door locks are designed to fit doors installed on the OUTSIDE of your house. Allow 1/8" manufacturing tolerance. Coastal package available: Stainless steel rollers, screws, and latch hardware is ideal for coastal climates where normal doors will rust and fail to operate.
Check out our financing options.
- Fully assembled, ready-to-install
- Each door is made-to-size — Custom sizes available
- Extruded aluminum frame for sturdiness and durability
- 4 steel adjustable rollers for smooth opening/closing
- Pull auto-latch handle for secure closure
- 1/2" thick sliding screen door
- Frame color choices: white, bronze, silver, almond, green, beige, black, and silver (mill)
- Choice of specialty mesh: super screen, pet screen, BetterVue screen, solar screen, and more
- Coastal package available (stainless steel rollers, screws, and latch hardware)
Why Everyone Needs a Made-To-Order Screen Door
No door opening is the same size. Even “standard-size” door openings will have some variance due to installation and other factors. Choosing a made-to-size screen door will ensure it fits securely to keep insects out and smoothly slides open and closed – without jamming. You also can choose from a specialty mesh to get more value for your money and can choose from 6 standard colors (more custom colors) to match your home’s trim or door frame color.
Specialty Screen Mesh – Get More For Your Money
Standard fiberglass insect mesh offers basic insect protection. Specialty mesh provides more benefits to increase comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and more. Here are some of our most popular mesh types and what they can offer you:
- BetterVue- Better outward visibility to enjoy your view
- Super screen - more durability (3x stronger)
- Pet screen - durability against pet-wear (7x stronger)
- No-See-Um/Tiny Mesh (20 x20 ) - smaller holes to keep out no-see-ums and tiny insects
- Solar Screen - reduce heat, glare, and increase energy efficiency (90% also provides tiny mesh benefits.
- Aluminum - increased durability
Want to learn more about our custom sliding screen doors? Read more below and/or contact us! If you are in the Denver-area, you can also check out the Metro Screenworks showroom in Highlands Ranch to see our products in person before you buy. You can also request a sample of our specialty mesh. We ship nationally!
Do Screen Doors Have Standard Sizes?
Yes and no. Most standard screen doors measure around 80 inches tall and 32 to 36 inches wide. To get a screen door that fits true to your door frame, it is best to order a custom sliding screen door that is made for your door opening. Learn more about measuring for a new or replacement sliding screen door on our measuring guide.
How Do I Know What Size Screen Door to Buy?
Measure your old door or measure the door opening. If you have your old screen door and it fits properly, it is best to measure it when you wish to buy a new one. If you don’t have your old door, then you can measure the opening either from tip of the track to the tip of the track and add an ⅛th inch to the overall height, or measure the top of the bottom track up ¼ inch into the top U channel. Learn more here or contact us with your questions.
- Custom Screen Doors Options
- Pet Protection For Your Screen Doors
- Replace Your Screen Door
- The Indestructible Screen Door
- Screen Doors: What You Need to Know
- Choosing the Right Screen Door For Your Home
- How to Pick the Best Window Screens & Screen Doors
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This door is high quality, fits and works great.
Nicely made door. We got the pet screen, wish it would have been pulled a little tighter.
I love this door. Our cat - Loki, likes to run across the room and leap on the screen door — he can jump right to the top fo the screen, claws out, and just hang there. Then he drops off, and a few minutes later he does it again. This is a daily occurrence. This screen really is “Loki-proof”. There are no rips or tears in the screen (yet)— we’ve had it about a month and it’s doing great. If it can withstand our little monster, it can probably withstand anything.
Finally a screen door that is sturdy and strong and true to the ordered dimensions. I wasn’t sure this product existed but this company came through for me! Thank you!
strong door, made well
Great door...perfect fit...easy to install (and I'm usually install challenged)..slides like a dream. The super screen also adds somewhat of a sun screen. I finally have a screen door that I can use regularly and can open/close with one hand.
Very impressed with the quality of the construction and overall look. Installed easily adjustment was a learning process. Twenty year old frame with a warped bottom track. Great door tight screen right color. Would use your product again.
My husband has been fighting our screen door for years. I searched for the best screen door and I found it. We got the Hercules fully assembled. I can open and close it with one finger. It rolls....smoothly. I’ve never seen a better door. Thanks Metro!
I ordered a preassembled oversized patio screen door. It arrived well protected in a wooden framed cardboard covered package. The product itself was just as I expected. It fit well and installed easily.