MeshGuard Screen Material is made of durable polyester that provides the strength and support needed to meet building code — in addition to the installation of other components. This roll of material is 42 inches x 25 feet and comes in black. Easily create a beautiful deck screen enclosure that meets building code requirements with MeshGuard — without the need for pickets.
The screen mesh and the following components are needed for MeshGuard system to meet building code:
- Screen Tight Cap
- MeshGuard Steel Strip
- MeshGuard Screen Material
- MeshGuard Flat Safety Spline
- MeshGuard Self-Drilling Screw
Benefits of MeshGuard System
- Can be used in 6’ x 3’ openings below the porch handrail
- Create an unobstructed view of the outdoors
- Withstands 2x the designed pressure for guardrail infill
- Unlimited design possibilities for new or existing porches
- Premium hardware
- Made of high density vinyl, steel, and a special polyester screen for unrivaled strength
- Seamless integration with Screen Tight
- 1.5” wide base & cap, 8’ lengths
- Multiple cap colors - white, gray, beige, and brown
- Also provides Insect protection
For Screen Tight & MeshGuard integration: Use MeshGuard below the rail and Screen Tight above. The porch screen systems use the same trim cap to create a cohesive finished appearance.
Approved by Building Codes
ESR-3938 – MeshGuard has been confirmed by the ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) that it is satisfactory to resist loads specified in Section 1607.8.1.2 of the 2015 and 2012 IBC (Section 1607.7.1.2 of the 2009 IBC) and Table R301.5 of the IRC, when installed at the maximum clear span distance of 72 inches (6-ft, 1828.8 mm) between the posts.
For contractors and larger projects, request a bid.
Learn more about MeshGuard and how to create a deck screen enclosure below or contact us with any questions you may have. You can also visit the Metro Screenworks showroom in Highlands Ranch, Colorado to see our products in person.
How Do You Build a Screened-In Room For a Deck?
With MeshGuard. MeshGuard is an guardrail infill screening system that meets building codes while providing insect protection and a less obscured view — it is a picket-free system! MeshGuard integrates seamlessly with Screen Tight which can be used above MeshGuard. Attach both systems to a new or existing structure.
What is a Guardrail Infill Screening System?
It is a screening system that replaces pickets or other barriers that are installed below a handrail to keep people and animals from falling. A guardrail must be installed on decks that are 2 ½ feet or more above the ground. The advantages of a screening system include a less obscured view in addition to insect protection.