Our complete lip frame window screens are made to your window screen specifications allowing you to get a replacement screen that fits exactly to-size - and shipped directly to you ready-to-install. This makes our lip frame window screens the perfect choice for new and replacement window screen projects, for both interior and exterior home windows.
Standard lip screen frame allows for installation of the window screen on the home’s exterior. Reverse lip screen frame replacements are usually used for the interior of the home. When measuring for one of our premade window screens you should include the lip; our window screens have a 5/16" lip and are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide. We offer both standard and custom window screen sizes.
Ordering in bulk? Shop here.
How To Customize Your Lip Frame Window Screen from Metro
There is no standard window screen size. No matter the age or brand of your windows, each window screen will vary in size - even if it's by a fraction of an inch. Buying custom lip frame window screens will ensure an exact fit for best insect protection, the best aesthetics with custom colors to match your window frame or trim, and offer you the most value with specialty screen mesh.
- Simply select your frame size, frame color, and hardware from the menu above to customize your lip frame window screen replacement.
- Window screen replacements are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Our window screen replacements are shipped to you fully assembled, ready to install.
- Need help measuring? Check out or measuring FAQ page or call us!
Benefits of Lip Frame Window Screens
- Can be used on both interior and exterior home windows
- Provides insect protection
- Multiple mesh options
- Frame available in almond, bronze, silver, white
- Custom window screen sizes available
- Ships within 5 to 7 business days
Types Of Hardware For Your Lip Frame Window Screen
When ordering a replacement window screen, there's more to think about than just mesh type and frame dimensions. Depending on your window type, you'll need specific hardware for a perfect fit. Read more about the types of screen hardware below and reference the image above to see what's right for you:
- Corner Spring - Holds the screen frame in place when installing it in window frame. Provides tension fit.
- Pull Tab - Provides a place for the installer to hold when pulling the screen frame into its place in the window frame.
- Acorn Pointer - Rivets onto a window screen frame and helps to hold the window screen frame in place.
- Plunger Bolt - Holds screen in window frame by popping into a hole drilled into window frame, existing channel, or groove. (4" From Frame Corner Unless Customer Specifies Otherwise")
- Friction Hanger - Installs in wooden window frames to hold aluminum insect screen in place. Use with loop latch.
- Loop Latch - Holds the bottom of the screen frame snug against the window frame. Use with friction hanger.
- Casement Clip - Holds the screen frame in wooden and metal window frames. Will not rust or corrode.
- Knife Latch - Holds the window screen in window frame by inserting into a slit in the screen frame.
Why Choose Metro Screenworks?
When you shop with Metro Screenworks, you get more than what's offered at typical home improvement stores. Our window screens will outperform generic screen brands every time.
- Easy Installation - no more stress, our replacement window screens are the easiest to install.
- Measuring Tips & Resources - use our videos, step-by-step guides, and images to help measure your screens.
- Trusted Support - if you need extra support, our screen specialists are available by phone, chat, and email anytime.
- Industry Leader - we're number one in this business because we build every screen with care and accuracy.
FAQs – Lip Frame Window Screens
Q: Are All Window Screens the Same?
A. No. Window screens can vary in many ways including screen mesh, frame construction, as well as the means of installation. For example, a lip frame window screen or reverse lip window screen will install differently within your window frame than other types of screens.
Q: How Do I Choose a Window Screen?
A. It depends. One of the most important aspects of buying a new window screen is to consider the way in which your screen fits within the window. Our lip frame window screens are installed into a window frame using plunger bolts. Another aspect you should think about is if you would like your screen mesh to provide additional benefits beyond just insect protection. We offer lip frame premade window screens with fiberglass, invisible screen, solar screen, tiny mesh, super screen, and black aluminum.
Q: What is a lip frame window screen and where is it used?
A. A lip frame window is a type of window screen. Standard lip screen frame allows for installation of the window screen on the home's exterior. Reverse lip screen frame replacements are usually used for the interior of the home.
- How to Pick the Best Window Screens & Screen Doors
- Super Screen: Say Goodbye to Screen Replacement
- Screens To Enhance At-Home Learning
- UV Protection: Why You Need It From Your Window Screens
- Window Screen 101: What You Need to Know
- What Are Window Screens for Cats?
- What Window Screen Material is the Best?
- Why Replacement Window Screens Should be Your Next Upgrade
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Speedy delivery and great quality product.
So happy…they fit like a glove in my two dining room windows.
Solid screens, no problems!
Great screens, outstanding customer service! Will recommend to all and use again.
These are the perfect replacement for my 10-year-old screens. I had an issue with the plunger latches not retracting like my old ones but they immediately shipped out a replacement set to fix the issue. Great company and easy to work with.
I just needed one screen but kind of an odd type and size. Their instructions for measuring were very good. Product showed up on time, and fits and looks great!
Metroscreen's online directions provide step-by-step directions on measuring and choosing the kind of screen you want. Took all my intimidation away! Secondly, the service rep emailed me to ensure the proper fit for my screen. Fast and convenient! My confidence increased. Third, I received my screens within 10 days, and they popped right into place. Lastly, the screen's quality and workmanship is outstanding. I'm going to order a few more screens today -- now that I've tested how easy and competent Metroscreen Works is! Thrilled to have great-looking screens on my windows!
Well made and fit perfectly. They really gave the window a fresh look. I had initially measured incorrectly and customer service was great in making the change and getting my order right! Highly recommend this company.
Well made and very durable, and fit like a glove. They really dressed up my windows compared to the old screens. The quality is just wonderful and I love them. Recommend them to anyone who is seeking a quality screen at a reasonable price. Wonderful company.