What are Tilt And Turn Windows?
Tilt and Turn windows, also known as European windows or German windows, are beloved by homeowners, as they look beautiful and are considered by many to be a “luxury” window here in the States. Their unique design allows the user to turn the handle one direction to open the window, and another direction to tilt the window inward just enough to provide some ventilation. This is where they get the name “tilt and turn windows.”
Tilt and Turns are very similar to casement windows, with the key difference being that casement windows tend to open outward, while tilt-and-turn windows open inward. Historically, these tilt and turn windows, have been nearly impossible to fit with window screens. Those that have successfully created screening systems will charge a premium for screens that can only be used with their windows.
How To Screen A Tilt And Turn Window
Metro is proud to be one of the only American companies offering Screens for Tilt And Turn windows, an innovative new product that flush mounts a fixed screen onto the exterior of the window frame, allowing you to enjoy your tilt and turn windows without worrying about pesky insects. Your custom-made tilt and turn window screen will come with rotating Z clips attached to the frame — once you set the screen into the frame, you can simply rotate the clips to lock it into place.
Our custom-made screens for European windows can be fitted with any type of screen mesh, so you don’t have to sacrifice any benefits for the luxury of your German windows.
How To Measure Your Tilt And Turn Window Screen
It's important to measure your window frame carefully so we can build your custom tilt and turn window screen to the correct specifications. When measuring either side of your window screen frame, be sure that you DO NOT include the lip of the frame; rather you want to provide the "daylight" opening size of the window screen excluding the lip/flange around the perimeter. See our photo above for clarification.
There is no standard window screen size. No matter the age or brand of your windows, each window screen will vary in size - even if it's by a fraction of an inch. Buying custom tilt and turn window screens will ensure an exact fit for best insect protection, the best aesthetics with custom colors to match your window frame or trim, and offer you the most value with specialty screen mesh.
- Simply select your frame size, frame color, and screen mesh from the menu above to customize your tilt and turn window screen replacement. Tilt and Turn window screens are only available with a 3/8-in frame width.
- Window screen replacements are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Our window screen replacements are shipped to you fully assembled, ready to install.
- Need help measuring? Check out or measuring FAQ page or call us!
Benefits of a Tilt-and-Turn Window Screen:
Fully customizable with your choice of screen mesh and frame color
Made to your exact specifications to fit your window perfectly
Will not be damaged or displaced by your European window no matter how much you use it
Keeps bugs out of your home while letting the fresh air in!
Why Choose Metro Screenworks?
In addition to being one of the only American companies offering Tilt And Turn window screens, Metro Screenworks offers more than what's offered at typical home improvement stores. Our window screens will outperform generic screen brands every time.
- Easy Installation - no more stress, our replacement window screens are the easiest to install.
- Measuring Tips & Resources - use our videos, step-by-step guides, and images to help measure your screens.
- Trusted Support - if you need extra support, our screen specialists are available by phone, chat, and email anytime.
- Industry Leader - we're number one in this business because we build every screen with care and accuracy.