Our pre-framed standoff window screens with wicket door are made to your window screen specifications allowing you to get a replacement screen that fits exactly to-size - and shipped directly to you read-to-install. Standoff window screens with a screen wicket are usually installed with 1 3/16" casement clips or screws for a surface mount. This makes our standoff screens with wicket door the perfect choice for new and replacement window screen projects in your home, especially if you need convenient access to window cranks.
A screen wicket can be essential for window screens in hopper, casement, and vent-style windows. By the wicket hinging open, it allows for convenient access to window cranks or similar mechanisms while still providing effective insect protection offered by a window screen. Screens of this type are called standoff screens and have also been used as reptile tank covers, terrarium lids, and cricket cages.
Ordering in bulk? Call us for Bulk order special pricing.
How To Customize Your Standoff Window Screen with Wicket Door
There is no standard window screen size. No matter the age or brand of your windows, each window screen will vary in size - even if it's by a fraction of an inch. Buying custom standoff screens for your windows will ensure an exact fit for best insect protection, the best aesthetics with custom colors to match your window frame or trim, and offer you the most value with specialty screen mesh.
- Simply select your frame size, frame color, wicket door placement, and hardware from the menu above to customize your standoff window screen with wicket door replacement.
- Window screen replacements are made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Our window screen replacements are shipped to you fully assembled, ready to install.
- Need help measuring? Check out or measuring FAQ page or call us!
Benefits of a Standoff Window Screen with Wicket Door
- Insect Protection: For windows that use cranks, our standoff screens allow easy access to these mechanisms while also keeping the insects out of your home.
- Custom Options: Design your window with custom options of screen mesh material, frame color, hardware, and one or more optional wicket doors.
- Multi-Use: Our standoff screens with wicket doors are used for more than just windows and can be utilized for reptile tank covers, terrarium lids, cricket cages, and more.
- Built To The Size You Need: Completely custom-made within 1/16" of the dimensions you provide for a perfect fit.
- Fast Shipping: Ships within 5 to 7 business days
Types Of Hardware For Your Standoff Screen with Wicket Door
When ordering a replacement window screen with a wicket door, there's more to think about than just mesh type and frame dimensions. Depending on your window type, you'll need specific hardware for a perfect fit. Read more about the types of screen hardware below and reference the image above to see what's right for you:
- Corner Spring - Holds the screen frame in place when installing it in window frame. Provides tension fit.
- Pull Tab - Provides a place for the installer to hold when pulling the screen frame into its place in the window frame.
- Acorn Pointer - Rivets onto a window screen frame and helps to hold the window screen frame in place.
- Plunger Bolt - Holds screen in window frame by popping into a hole drilled into window frame, existing channel, or groove.
- Friction Hanger - Installs in wooden window frames to hold aluminum insect screen in place. Use with loop latch.
- Loop Latch - Holds the bottom of the screen frame snug against the window frame. Use with friction hanger.
- Casement Clip - Holds the screen frame in wooden and metal window frames. Will not rust or corrode.
- Knife Latch - Holds the window screen in window frame by inserting into a slit in the screen frame.
Why Choose Metro Screenworks?
When you shop with Metro Screenworks, you get more than what's offered at typical home improvement stores. Our window screens will outperform generic screen brands every time.
- Easy Installation - no more stress, our replacement window screens are the easiest to install.
- Measuring Tips & Resources - use our videos, step-by-step guides, and images to help measure your screens.
- Trusted Support - if you need extra support, our screen specialists are available by phone, chat, and email anytime.
- Industry Leader - we're number one in this business because we build every screen with care and accuracy.
FAQs - Window Screens With Wicket Doors
Have questions about our standoff screens with wicket doors? Read answers to frequently asked questions below or call our team of window screen experts at Metro Screenworks to learn more.
Q: What is a screen wicket for windows?
A. It's a window screen with a small door. A wicket allows access to a window crank or other mechanisms on a window. A window screen with a wicket door is best installed on hopper, casement, and vent-style windows.
Q: How do window screen wickets work?
A. They hinge open. Wickets are small doors installed within window screens to allow access to window cranks and other mechanisms. Standoff screens with wicket doors can also function as a reptile screen cover or aquarium screen lid.
Q: What are standoff screens with wicket doors used for?
A. Standoff screens with wicket doors are mostly helpful if you have a window screen that uses a crank. However, standoff screens have also been utilized for an assortment of other use-cases such as reptile tank covers, terrarium lids, and cricket cages.
Learn More - Window Screen Resources
- How to Pick the Best Window Screens & Screen Doors
- Window Screen 101: What You Need to Know
- What Window Screen Material is the Best?
- Why Replacement Window Screens Should be Your Next Upgrade
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Screen functions well and is a perfect fit. The mounting hardware didn’t really work for that window but I worked something out quickly. It was dented during delivery, but it wasn’t a functional problem, but I thought you’d want to know that as carefully and securely your company packed it, the shipper still found a way to dent it.
The product was of great quality, great price and measurements were exact. So easy to oder online.
I paid extra for the ultravue and they look fantastic. The white frames also match perfectly in my windows so they're less of an eyesore than the previous ones
I am pleased with the 5 wicket screens I ordered. They are exact in size, well made to my specification, and fit my windows perfectly. Order came in the time specified.
I ordered the custom located wickets, and all the sizes were right. The screens work well.
These screens were built exactly to the dimensions spec'd. Strong material and we love the invisible screens. Literally cannot see that there are screens on the windows.
I have an atypical awning window in my bathroom that was the source of too many insect visits. My custom screen arrived and a) fit perfectly (measure twice!) and b) solved my problem elegantly. The wicket door is simple and unobtrusive.