Our high-quality custom adjustable screens are made here in the USA by Metro Screenworks Inc. at our warehouse in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Design your own adjustable screen by selecting the size, frame color, and mesh type that you desire: the frame thickness will be 5/16 inches. Allow 7 to 10 business days for manufacturing. If you need a stock size adjustable screen, you may order that on this product page and they are ready to ship at a reduced price.
Height & Width Options
- Choose the height starting at 8" and up to 24"
- Choose the expandable size from the drop down list
- The first measurement is the size when fully closed
- The second measurement is the size when the adjustable screen is fully extended
Our screens will be made within 1/8" of measurements you select. So allow 1/8" tolerance plus or minus) when calculating the size you need.
Frame Color Options
Screen frame is available in several colors:
Choose from these types of screen mesh:
- Standard charcoal fiberglass mesh
- Durable super screen
- No-see-um tiny mesh (keeps out tiny flying insects)
- Pollen Guard mesh (filters out dust and pollen)
- AllergyGuard (filters out dust, pollen, pollution and more)
Benefits of Adjustable Screens
- Provides temporary insect protection
- For single or double hung, or sliding windows
- Use vertically or horizontally
- Allows vintage architecture to be undisturbed
- Glides smoothly – doesn’t jam
- Comes assembled, ready-to-use
Pro Tip: A screw can be installed by the screen owner through both panels to permanently keep the screen a particular size.
Have questions? Read FAQs below or contact us! Our live screen experts can help you find the products you need. You can also visit our showroom in Highlands Ranch, Colorado to see our products before you buy and enjoy free order pick up. However, we also ship nationally!
How Custom is “Custom”?
We offer additional size, color, and mesh type options. You can create an adjustable screen with a height of 8 to 24 inches with expandable options from 20 to 37 and up to 32 to 61 inches. You can choose from five frame color options as well as specialty mesh alternatives. If you don’t see the options you need available, contact us and we will see how we can help you.
You can shop the stock sizes here which are available at a reduced price.
Which Screen Mesh Do I Need?
It depends on which mesh would provide you the most benefit:
- Fiberglass offer great visibility and is the most affordable option
- Super screen is 3x stronger than fiberglass providing extra durability
- No see um tiny mesh has a tighter weave which helps to keep out no see ums, gnats, and other small insects
- BetterVue, also called invisible screen, offers the best visibility of any screen type
- Pollen Guard filters out dust and pollen
- AllergyGuard offers dust and pollen filtration and keeps out fly ash and other pollution, bacteria, viruses, and more
- Screens & Benefits of Fresh Air
- Why Is Fresh Air Important
- Indoor Air Quality & Your Health
- Window Screens One of the Greatest Inventions
- 4 Mosquito Safety Tips
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is the second time ordering adjustable screens from Metro. Both times it was a top quality product and packaged very well for shipping. This time I got an upgraded screen material and it was worth it, this one is clearer (the view is clearer). I recommend this company and product.
The custom screen is excellent quality and met my needs completely.
far superior to screens I found at local hardware stores, and was delivered earlier than I had expected, considering it was a custom size.
The custom option was perfect for my large window that doesn't open very far. I couldn't find any standard sized screens to fit, but the custom option allowed me to get a screen that fit perfectly. Both my cat and I are very happy we can now get a breeze in our living room! I was also happy that the screen came within the estimated time period.