BMT VirusGuard™ NanoScreen™ Fabric Type 9001 Standard Grade
Used as the critical functional core filtration element that can be inserted into any fabric mask to produce a highly functional, durable reusable mask - 3-layer / 70 gsm / NanoScreen™ functional core laminated between 100% polyester fabric - Suitable for sonic welding / heat molding and print sublimation up to 250 degrees F - When covered with most fabrics, finished mask is hand-washable with mild soap & warm water / hand rinse / air dry / no machine washing or drying / do not squeeze or scrub - Finished mask or removable Type 9001 filter can be used for 30-40 days with proper care. Available in a 3-Layer filtration insert mesh and a 5-Layer final fabric ready to convert into reusable, washable safety.
NanoScreen™ uses nanotechnology to block or restrict a wide range of airborne droplets carrying virus and bacteria as well as pollen, allergens, fly ash, agricultural & coal dust.
- Excellent filtration efficiency engineered to block microscopic airborne particles in a nanofiltration mesh range of 20-800 nanometers (0.02 – 0.8 microns).
- Transforms fabric safety masks into performance lifestyle-masks that deliver the right balance of safety and breathability for people on the move.
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 is known to spread via touching or airborne droplets that are produced during sneezing or coughing by an infected individual
- In general terms, the critical element that must be blocked is the AIRBORNE DROPLET that carries a virus. It is the size of the droplet in the air that is critical to block.
- The purpose of functional mask filtration fabrics is to stop the airborne droplet from passing through the respirator mask and entering the body through the mouth and nose